2012-Aug-25 - Wooroloo - Steelworks #46
I put in a really long day today - out on site at 7.30 am and left at 7.30 pm.

I had intended to finish the last two braces today.

However, I started to think about how I could attach the braces in a different way so as to open out the angle of the bracing.

I didn't want the last set of braces to be different to the previous set so first I had to answer the question:
"Could I reconfigure the earlier work without having to replace some of the rods ?"
I still needed to weld or bolt the earlier work anyway - so there was not a lot of work wasted if I moved some of the attachment points.

I clamped a few temporary brackets in place and clamped the rod tags on to these.

I was pleased to find that there was sufficient adjustment left in the rods and threads to achieve another 300 mm of headroom on the braces.

The rest of the day went on fabricating brackets, welding them in place and moving the attachment points of the existing bracing.

There is still a few more hours to finish this off - I may have a chance to nip out during the week.

I didn't really lose a lot of time - probably I would have spent as much time finalising the attachments anyway.


New bracing configuration


Various lugs and attachments