Today did not get off to a tremendous start.
I needed to join all my pieces of light framing together.
My intention was to use two part epoxy and brad nails.
However, I had no idea how the brad nails would work - possibly they would just shatter the fragile beams made out of chipboard.
This, however, worked out quite well and after a couple of hours of running around, tripping over obstacles, wrestling stubborn compressor lines, and trying not to smear epoxy over every tool - I finally had the frame assembled.
I then called on Linda to help me drop it in to the door frame.
At this point I realised that I had made a major intercourse up.
I realised that the very clever corner joints could be assembled in two ways and I had chosen the wrong alternative - the frame was too wide, too short.
After much swearing and the consumption of a muffin and a cup of coffee I reworked the brad nailing.
This involved snipping off the existing nails, wiping off the epoxy and starting again.
After an hour we were ready to try again and this time the light frame dropped easily in to the door frame.
There was a window of fine weather for a couple of hours so I took the opportunity to apply the second coat of primer to the door frame.
Then I need to pop down to Midland for some personal business.
Later in the day I applied primer to a couple of corner timbers that I have been working on as a side project.
Sunday through Friday
I applied the 3 mm plywood to the light frame.
This involved using a full sheet plus about a third of another sheet and a lot of trimming.
I find that the thin ply cuts reasonably easily using a Stanley knife.
Over the next few days I painted the ply with some mistinted water based paint and patched over the join.
Also, because a very vulnerable 5 mm of ply protrudes beyond the framework, I attached some temporary scrap "bumper" timbers so that as the structure is moved around it can rest on these without causing damage.