Contact Us


2017-Feb-18 - Wooroloo - Temporary Roof #4
Just adding a section of temporary roof is taking so long !. It is really stalling my progress on laying the floorboards.

Today I was sure that I would have it finished.

I had my rafters cut to length and a supply of battens on hand. And even the roof sheeting cleaned and cut to length.

Surely it would be just a few hours work ?

Anyway - bolting down 8 pieces of rafter beam and then nailing in 8 rows of battens somehow took me up to 6.00 pm .

I guess this involved hauling all my tools up, rolling back the plastic (and all its timber weights), removing and stacking the temporary layer of sheeting, doing all the bolting and nailing and packing away the tools again.

In the middle of all this I managed to give myself a bit of heat stroke or maybe concussion - I did bang my head against a piece of scaffolding pipe.

Around 3 pm I felt washed out with a craving for sugar - so I scoffed down an icecream, and two containers of iced coffee and had a snooze inside for an hour.

I have left the floorboards exposed overnight with the intention to come back Sunday afternoon to screw down the sheeting - hopefully I can move on next weekend.


Saw a movie in the morning (Hidden Figures - excellent) and eventually was out on site at 4.00 pm.

It was still very hot and I had to fire up my water mister to bring the temperature down to something bearable.

It took me 3 hours to fasten down the sheeting and for some reason I was really exhausted by the end.

There are a few minor tweaks to perform but generally that section of roof is now safely protecting the floorboards from the elements.

Now to get back to installing the last of the floorboards on the front.

Progress by the end of Saturday

Sheeting installed by end of Sunday