I set the alarm for 5.00 am as per usual for a Saturday.
However, it was dark and raining.
I hit the alarm, rolled over, went back to sleep and got up at 6.00 am.
Hence I was out on site at 8.00 am.
It took me 45 minutes still to hoist the tarpaulin and Ian visited me just as I had the tarpaulin sorted so I didnít really get stuck in to work until 9.00 am.
I had only 3 more joists to adjust today.
Based on what I had learned last week, I brought the compressor close to the work and only used a 10 m high pressure line.
This gave me 15 second of grinding interspersed with a 90 second wait for the compressor to reach pressure again.
So a bit of a slow and tedious process but in most cases I could move on to some other task while waiting for the compressor.
By midday I had completed the adjustments and moved on to installing the last 9 joists at the back of the hallway.
I had 3 left to do at the end of the day so I am hoping to get back there on Sunday.
I made a leisurely start to the day and was out on site at 10.30 am.
My first job was to clean up some tree fall from the storm 4 weeks ago.
This turned out to be a bigger job than I anticipated and took me quite a lot of physical effort.
Around midday I started on installing the last 3 purlins in the back hallway area.
This went quite smoothly and I finished off by drilling and bolting two purlins that I had missed in the front left and right of the house.