Contact Us


2015-Apr-4 - Wooroloo - Stud Framing # 55
Most of the work this weekend took place on Friday rather than Saturday.


I went out to site at 5.00 pm to complete a few preparatory tasks - mainly removing the temporary overhead beams and some of the diagonal props.


A bit of a slow start. I was out on site at 7.30 am.

I spent several hours marking up all the roofing sheets so that they could be accurately placed back in their original positions, lifting the sheets and lifting the small roofing frames underneath them.

Once this was done I was able to clamp a length of pine against the bolts welded to the column and transfer these bolt positions to the frame using the pine as a template.

I had a very complicated, very time consuming process in mind to stand the frame up on my own.

Thankfully Ross, Sandy and Jim turned up and lifted the frame in two minutes.

The frame was a little resistant to slotting in to its exact final position - everyone pitched in and after 40 minutes it was perfect.

After this we all sat around and had a drink for an hour or two.

I spent the rest of the day bolting the frame down with 12 mm threaded rod.


I had Tony M helping me for a few hours by strengthening frame joins using coach screws.

At the same time I reinstalled all the small frames and the sheeting.

Despite all my preparatory work it still took all day to get all the roof sheets down again.

By the end of the day I had not managed to install the detailed patching around each stud of the new frame.


I was up early and out to site by 7.00 am.

I spent the next two hours cutting out detailed patches, screwing and sealing them down.

At 9.00 am Linda dropped by and we had to go on to Northam to deal with some business there.

Frame ready for installation

Temporary roof stripped off

Transferring bolt positions using a template

Frame in position

Bolted down

Roof relaid and sealed around studs