On Thursday I dropped in to Vinsans on the way through and bought 4 lengths of PFC 150.
These will go between the inner and outer beams of the front veranda to give more support to the bay windows.
A fair way in to the future but they were a reasonable price ($15 per metre) so I snapped them up.
This meant that a lot of the day went to picking these up and taking them out to site.
In addition I stopped in a Bunnings Midlad, bought a 3.6 metre length of H3 pine 90 x 45 and had it cut in half - to use as the top and bottom plates for the 1.4 m pantry external wall.
First off I needed to sharpen up a set of thicknesser blades.
Once installed these worked beautifully and I used them to process 11 lengths of the recently denailed lengths.
This took me all day and I achieved the usual disappointing yield of good stud pieces - 2 definitely of good quality and another 4 that might pass Tony M's inspection.
I marked up the top and bottom plates for trenching.
I trenched the plates, set up the horses and hand fitted each of the stud frames.
I painted all the jarrah components with my bargain mistint exterior paint.
During breaks from programming I managed to assemble the frame, insert the noggings and attach the strapping.