I was out on site 5 days out of 7 so I managed to complete a lot of tasks.
For the back doors I applied two coats of primer to the repaired areas and one coat elsewhere, followed by two top coats and a scrape back of any overpaint.
Also two coats of top coat around the door frame.
I reinstalled these doors across two days - I needed to scrape out paint in the hinge rebates on the doors and on the frame.
During reinstallation I found a number of snapped off screws and needed to drill new mounting holes through some of the hinges.
The side doors with the extension strip received two coats of primer and two coats of top coat.
I placed these back in the door frame, held in position by my curious holding braces.
These doors are awaiting Peter to recover from a broken leg and come and hinge them on to the frame.
For the moment they are very tightly squashed in to position.
I think I will remove the braces and and apply a cross beam from the inside, bolted through the door lock mounting holes (all hardware currently removed from the doors).
Inside the house I continued removing the obsolete temporary roof corrugated iron.
This was particularly hard work in a number of places due to all the Silastic (tm) I have applied in the past.
Along with removing the sheeting I also had to unscrew the little support frames - I now have a mountain of these that I hope will eventually go to a new owner (though not sure what they could use them for).
At this stage, only one of the front rooms still has any temporary roofing inside it.
The site feels a little bit more like a house now.
In my mornings, back at home, before heading off to site each day - I had been nudging along the painting of the newly glazed kitchen window sashes.
I had allowed the putty to set for two weeks before attempting to prime and top coat it.
My previous experience, about 4 years ago, was that if I attempted to paint the putty too soon then the paint would just turn in to a wrinkly mess.
This time I had no such problem but the putty is still quite fragile - it is just skinned over with a rubbery surface layer.
On Saturday, with some trepidation I tackled the job of installing all four sashes in to the kitchen window frame.
I had a few difficulties and learning experiences to overcome but overall I would call the effort a success.
I still need to install the spiral balance springs for the lower sashes so not sure what I will experience there.
The next job is to modify and paint up the front door and the back french doors.
Also I need to glaze the stairwell sashes and prepare some draft beads for that frame - still a long way to go.
As predicted - I removed the braces holding the side doors in place and bolted to a cross beam inside the house.
I covered the door thoroughly with transparent builder's plastic as some of the edges are raw and via the door sill this is a pathway for water to saturate and damage the timbers.
I also installed the lower spiral balance springs in the kitchen windows and the locking mechanisms.
I have begun the process of modifying the front door to fit in the door frame.
This requires 11 mm to be added to the side, 23 mm to the bottom and the door hardware to be moved to the opposite side.
This is going to take quite a few days.
I completed sanding down the joins between the existing door and the extension strips.
At this point I realised that the door was off centre because I added the vertical extension strip on to an additional extension.
I tried to convice myself that no one would notice a 30 mm discrepancy.