Contact Us


2012-Dec-8 - Wooroloo - Steelworks #61
I was up at 5.00 am and out on site by 6.30 am.

I left at 7.30 pm.

Quite a good day really even though I only inserted 3 new purlins.

Last week I had a few spots on the beam that were out by about 5 mm.

I undid the bolts but I was unable to crank the beam out any further.

Today I realised that I could completely remove the bolts, crank the beam out to the correct postion, redrill the holes slightly and lock the purlin in again.

I did this to 6 of the existing purlins and managed to get the front and side outer verandah beam straight to within 2 mm.

I was very pleased with this.

From now on I should be able to install purlins much more quickly - every section should be the same length plus I can use a template to mark up the notching and drill the holes in situ.

Reworking an existing side purlin

Reworking an existing front purlin

Both beams perfectly straight

Progress on purlins

Progress on purlins