During the week I made a few visits to site and continued with painting and cleaning up the back wall doors.
I am now up to the point where I need to reinstall them and move on to top coating the other two sets of french doors.
I am working my way through carefully chiselling out any paint that has seeped in to the rebates - just a little more of this and then I can remount the doors.
At the moment I am spending more time at home preparing the window sashes and doors.
About 4 years ago I prepared one of the pairs of sashes for the kitchen window .
Being a first attempt, they were rather untidy.
I have cleaned up the putty work a little and repainted them.
In the last week I have also completed glazing the second pair of sashes for this window.
I am letting the putty dry for a week before attempting to apply any primer.
I have also completed the refurbishment of two sashes for the stairwell window and I am currently waiting on some glass panels for the glazing.
There are still a number of doors to prepare - a set of french doors on the back wall, a set on the east wall and the front door.
Currently I am in the process of painting the east wall set.