During the week I made a number of trips to the green waste facility at the transfer stations.
By Saturday morning I had completely cleared away the canopy littering the back yard.
I had also made substantial progress in clearing away the bamboo thicket, the nearby creeper and various dead wattles along the property line.
Ian helped me early on Saturday morning and this really facilitated pulling out the bamboo plants.
Barry dropped the canopy of the last tall tree and then worked his way down to a major fork cutting and dropping the trunk.
Jim and Sandy also helped for much of the day and this really facilitated dragging the trunk sections from under the trees down to behind the house.
The last step was for Barry to fell an 8m standing trunk and then cut it in to 2m sections.
I now have a yard full of canopy again and some very substantial pieces of trunk that I need to move.
I will give it a break for a few days and then decide what to do next.