On Tuesday, Wayne came and finished off all the plumbing !
- Connected up toilet and cistern
- Connected trough waste to ecomax
- Connected up copper for trough
- Connected kitchen sink waste to ecomax
- Connected up copper for kitchen sink
- Installed filter system under sink
- Tested the gas installation
- Started up the gas HWS using a small gas bottle
- Installed a pressure reduction valve at the mains.
I took the day off to answer any questions and help out with trench digging and running off to the hardware for parts.
I put in a really long day on Monday to make up for not working on Tuesday.
I forgot to take my camera - so no photos of this work until next Saturday
The shower throws a lot of water beyond the hobb so I will need to wait until I have installed the shower stall walls before I can use it.
However, it is really great to have hot water, an inside toilet and a working sink.
Some of the waste lines on the outside of the house need some flanges fitted over the hole to tidy them up - I'll get to this over the next few weeks.
Wayne had to use a repair kit in the 100 mm sewer line from the toilet because I had already cemented it in to position - apparently, the plumber usually fixes the toilet pan last on to the end of the waste line.
Just before Wayne dropped the laundry trough in to its final position I was able to apply silicon sealant under its lip and across the back and then pop rivet it in to the wall studs - I'm pleased with the result - it seems very solid and can't move relative to the wall at all.