Thursday, I did a good day's work in my office, so come evening I thought I would treat myself to a site visit.
Having gained Linda's agreement with the tiling pattern in the shower I set about measuring and ruling up the tile layout much more accurately.
This is a bit tricky because I cannot just come parallel of the walls (not quite square).
Instead I need to visually follow the line of the existing tile run so that the shower floor will look ok to the eye.
I marked up most of the edge tiles in preparation for cutting on Friday night.
I've managed to make pretty good use of previous tile offcuts for the edge pieces - I'm rather pleased with that.
You'll notice that the shower waste is not exactly in the centre of the cubicle.
This is because initially I had planned to install a 1000mm square fibreglass cubicle for about $1000.
However, with a bit of effort, a shower screen from the demolition yard, shower membrane and the existing floor tiles - I have managed to create an even more luxurious shower for only $300.
This means it is a bit larger than the original plan.
This will cause no problems at all - the base of the shower will still drain perfectly.
While I was there I also applied some two part filler to the dent in the door frame - I'm a lot happier now that I have started to fix that up.