Firstly I painted the header section of the garage door frame (Linda had already painted the vertical sections).
This is going to need at least two coats.
The flushing work I did at the centre panel does not look very professional - the joining strip is showing through and somehow, when I sanded it back I managed to make it look concave.
I'll have to get some advice on technique.
It won't be a real disaster as the garage door tracks will cover a lot of these sins.
Next I unpacked the second hand gyprock that I had stored behind the site toilet.
This was in pretty good condition though the top two boards were a bit beaten and fragmented.
I wasted time trying to install some that was disintegrating.
At one point I had carefully cut a 300 mm strip to size and the end to square - only to have it fold up in my hands as I lifted it up to the ceiling.
I'ts a bit tricky working with long lengths of board on your own.
What we are trying to do is install 300mm strips where the roller door tracks need to be mounted.
I still need plenty of access for electrical cable - this is why I am not cladding the entire ceiling yet.
Once I got in to the swing of what was suitable, I spent another two hours cutting up 6 x 2740 x 300 mm strips and 6 x 1200 x 300 mm strips.
Then I stayed back to 9.00 pm installing half of these
I don't know what happened to the day - I will need to come back tomorrow morning to finish of the other half of the garage.
Sunday morning, got out to site at 7.00 am and installed the last 3 strips. I timed it at an hour per strip - I just can't believe how long it takes.
I had just enough time to repaint the inside surfaces of the header and verticals.
Then I rushed home to meet Eddie and another Tony for coffee, cakes, conversation and a bit of work repacking boxes in the barn.