Used a 25mm hole saw to prepare pathways through the steel stud frame to assist the electricians to pull the cable runs.
There was already a handy set of holes at the top of each stud just under the top plate.
The main effort was creating a pathway around the 75 x 75 x 4 mm columns whenever they were encountered - for this I had to go up through the top plate, through a purlin and then back down through the top plate after working past the column
I also set up a series of holes just above the noggings. These holes will be useful for reaching the majority of the electrical sockets.
I used the green drill gunge liberally and I think that helped a little.
The main time consumer was periodically needing to straighten out the drill bit of the hole saw.
It seemed that whenever I was forced to create a slightly diagonal (oval) cut it was very easy for the saw to grab and deflect the drill bit.
The best solid surface I had for hammering on - turned out to be the top of a veranda screw pile that was just level with the ground.
I looked quite strange, lying flat on the ground, with my cheek in the sand, rolling the drill bit across the surface looking for gaps and hammering out the bends.
Everywhere I had to go through a top plate - I drilled 3 sets of holes. I'm probably going to need to place a set of 3 holes through every purlin as well - but that is a lot of work and I think I will wait and see if the electricians really need them.