Some months back, while carrying rolls of insulation into a storage area - I felt a strange mound underfoot in the darkened room.
I didn't have time to investigate right then, and it was only a few weeks later that I found the shed partially occupied by termite mounds reminiscent of a scene from "Aliens".
Interestingly enough, they had only gone for the masonite in some hollow core doors and left various oregen 5 panel doors untouched.
The upshot of this is that it became urgent to lift my store of 2" x 5 " karri roofing timbers off the low level gluts
I have quite a few bed frames I have been collecting for the angle iron contents. Some of these have stout legs and just need an additional cross piece welded at the middle with a single supporting leg. They then make excellent storage platforms for timber with a good inspection space underneath.
I cannot finish off the last 20 square metres of floorboards at the moment as I am waiting for Tony M to finish cleaning my next batch of boards before I can end match them.
Instead I spent the weekend dealing with the white ant threat.
Also demolished some more pallets - need another 33 lower timber spans for the last set of roofing frames.