Contact Us


2009-Mar-7 - Wooroloo - Installing Temporary Roof # 8
After running out to the block, 5 evenings in a row, to install floorboards - I found that my right shoulder was starting to hurt from driving screws in to the floor.

I still have enough floorboards for two more visits but I decided not to install them this weekend and instead to work on docking all the timbers for the next section of roofing,

I already had enough lower laminated cross beams and enough pieces of cable drum timber for the upper cross pieces.

I decided to raid the supply of pine spines I had built up by demolishing pallets. First however, I wanted to make sure that I would have enough upper cross beams for the final set of frames.

I picked out and docked 36 x 800mm pieces and then worked through the remainder creating my 160, 200, 240, 288, .. 600 uprights. I found I almost had enough for a second set of these for the final set of frames.

During the following week I used the framing gun to assemble the frames

Latest batch of roof frames waiting for bracing

Upper cross beams for the final batch

Uprights for the final batch