Contact Us


2020-Nov-7 - Wooroloo - Back Wall #55
I don't know what I did on Saturday or where the day went - it's all a bit of a blur.

The first job was to remove some flashing on Ian's side so that I can replace two top plates in the stud wall.

The first two timber studs had an H2 top plate. All the remaining top plates are H3.

These first two split and grew mushrooms - so I must replace them with H3.

I spent a lot of the day marking up the stud positions against a new piece of H3 structural pine and manually trenching each position.

I also spent a lot of time vacuuming up sawdust and wood chips and generally cleaning up.

Scaffolding / flashing removed

The new top plate