I didn't rush out to site today because I knew that the surfaces to be sprayed would still be damp and cold.
Upon arriving I removed the winterising fluid from the spray equipment, carried it up to a working position and stirred the paint.
Jim and Sandy popped by so we had coffee and chatted until the day had warmed up again.
I was very nervous about using the spray equipment but by the end of the day I had made friends with it.
I learned a couple of things:
1) It takes up to about 40 seconds for the paint to travel along the high pressure hose and reach the spray head.
2) Flushing paint out of the pump and hose can take 30 minutes.
3) The best way to flush is to put the intake in to a bucket of water, being filled by a hose and the outlet going elsewhere.
The spraying process itself took only 10 minutes for each coat and I am very happy with the results.
Last time I attempted to paint a wall this size, with rollers, it took me a day and a half for the first coat and my back muscles went in to spasm.
So masking up and cleaning down takes a lot of time but still preferable to the manual process.
This pretty much completes the side wall and now I am moving on to installing the loft floorboards in the back half of the house.
As I mentioned before, for this I am rebuilding the big heavy wooden set of stairs.
Between coats (2 hours) I continued installing treads in to the structure but more work is required.
All in all a good day :-)
I wanted to make some more progress on stacking the marri floorboards so I headed out to site after dinner and then stayed overnight.
Yet again I reinstalled the green corner timbers after the spraying with Cottage Cream was complete.
I was working for my client for a substantial part of the day but in between I managed to complete the wooden staircase.