During the week I performed horrible hacking upon door set #2.
For starters the fixed and the closing sides were reversed from all the other doors.
Secondly - I needed to increase the "meat" on the deadlock mounting surface to 95 mm.
I took a piece of dressed 100 x 45 mm jarrah and thicknessed it down to 35 mm.
I then halved it on the table saw and cut rebates in each piece to achieve a 17 mm x 10 mm projection.
I then ripped off a piece on each door to accomodate these new edges and over several days I biscuit joined the new edges on to create what I call "FrankenDoors".
It took me a while to unclamp the second door and then to tie both doors securely down to the trailer.
Once out on site I performed a repair on a piece of the stop for door set #1.
Next I used the Triton in rip mode to create a skirf sized groove 7 mm deep and 6 mm from the edge on the stop pieces to be used on the door set #2.
I had already created parts of the brackets for temporarily holding doors in place in the door frames but I still needed several hours work to install these.
Finally I brought the doors in off the trailer and installed them as best as possible with the brackets holding them roughly in place.
I had a good look and a good think as to what was needed to improve the fit.
I was held up a little sorting out some work for my client.
Once out on site I was visited by Jim and Sandy and we ended up having coffee for an hour at their place.
Once back on the job I installed a temporary "threshold" stop across the sill of the door to assist in placing the doors correctly.
I then very tentatively began shaving various amounts off the doors to achieve a rough fit.
At this stage I am not very happy with the left hand edge as there appears to be a bit of a bow in the door jamb - I think I can correct this - but on another day.
I have Peter G coming to visit me early in the week for advice and to prepare for the job of installing these doors.