I have just 3 more rows of cladding to install above the doors.
However, I have realised that just going up and down a ladder with 3.6 metre planks is going to be difficult.
I really need scaffolding running the entire 10 metre length of the wall.
I do not have any A frame or quick scaffolding - just a lot of 50 mm pipe and clamps (and some of this has been lent to me by my next door neighbour Ian).
I spent Saturday rounding up all the pieces I had available and dismantling some scaffolding structure which was not really practical.
Later in the day I settled on a plan - a number of "ladders" that are 1500 mm high by 1000 mm wide.
I also worked out a way to have a template so that I could avoid a lot of measuring up and placement.
For the 1000 mm pieces I am using pipe from Ian. But for the 1500 mm pieces I am cutting up the "flag poles".
These are the 5 metre lengths of pipe I had installed at each corner of the house with a pulley mounted at the top.
I used them several years back when I was working on the roof - they let me cover much of the roof with a large tarpaulin to provide shade in summer.
They became badly bent by high winds acting on the tarpaulin - so good candidates for repurposing.
I really geared up in to production, created all the "ladders" I needed and set up a run of scaffolding.
I finished off the last of the scaffolding plank placement as well as worked for my client.
I dropped the last of the "flag poles", cut it up and created one spare "ladder".
I will use this when cladding the last side of the house which is 12.6 metres long.
I have an existing scaffolding level that is only 600 mm wide but I will be able to reconfigure each ladder to this width - so hopefully all the time I have spent on scaffolding just to install 3 rows of cladding will be justified when I move to the next wall.
Again out on site, mainly working for my client - but I was able to screw blocks under the scaffolding planks to lock them in position over the scaffolding pipes. This makes the planking much safer to walk on