During the past week I had vigorously worked towards having all the necessary raw materials accumulated in order to install the last run of the staircase.
I expected to make about 50% progress and this is pretty much how it turned out.
Fortunately I had already delivered most of the materials on Friday - an excellent decision as it was raining quite seriously on the Saturday.
My first job was to install the very first floorboard on the landing.
I had processed this at home by adding a 20 mm strip under the leading edge and then running this through the router.
This produced the 40 mm bullnose that I was looking for.
After this I had to work from the undercroft in order to fix off the very first tread that I had installed last week.
I then moved on to fixing off the treads and facings - a slow process that cannot be hurried.