Down with the flu for almost two weeks so nothing posted for last week.
About all I managed to do was to cut the blanks for the treads for the first run of the street level.
On Saturday I finangled the last set of stringers in to postition and fixed them off.
This took all day - a completion time that I have come to expect,
I put all the blank treads through the router table to machine in the bull nose edges.
I cut floor boards by length and breadth to create the facing panels for the next run.
I am now creating these at a length of 1400 mm even though they will eventually be reduced down to 990mm.
This is so that I can run them through the thicknesser and still have a waste section so that I can cut off the snipe.
Because the planks are longer, I am finding that I need a large number of clamps to perform the gluing.
These means I can only glue one set per day - so it is going to take me all week to create a set of 7.
Wednesday thru Friday
Gluing one set per day.
Also I ran most of the waste stringer cutout waste through the table saw to create little 45 x 45 battens to be used in securing the treads and facings on to the stringers.