I cut the floor boards at home to create the facing using the measurements I made on Saturday.
It was a good decision to undertake this work at home as I had much more machinery available for the task.
I have realised that it would be a smart move to glue the multiple boards in each facing together.
Some PVA on the tongue and groove will give a very strong bond.
I just need a whole lot of clamps that are out on site.
Much of the day went on some intense work solving a problem for my client.
After this I needed a break so I shot out to site.
I mixed up the very viscous 2 part epoxy and poured it in to the cracks in two treads.
Also I grabbed every clamp that I could find.
Tuesday thru Thursday
I realised that there is a 2mm gap between the tongue and groove in the facing pieces.
This meant that there was very little bonding.
For all the subsequent pieces I applied PVA glue to the shoulder of the tongue piece and wiped the excess glue off with a damp cloth.
First thing in the morning I went to the site and dropped off the facing pieces.
I also checked out the treads that I had glued and started removing the protective tape.
I sanded back any excess glue from filling the cracks and then headed off to a barbeque.
I was back mid afternoon but was fairly ineffective at achieving any progress.
I ended up drinking coffee and falling asleep in front of TV.
Feels like I need to take day off on Sunday.