Monday to Wednesday
I had some work to do (and Monday was a public holiday) so I stayed home.
Over these 3 days I rust converted the steel, primed it and top coated it.
I took the steel out to site and placed each piece in readiness to be installed - some on the street level, some in the undercroft.
Also, I am starting construction of the landing in the undercroft.
I am still experimenting with the stringers but I believe that I sufficiently up to speed with the landings to build them permanently rather than from scrap.
I had intended to build these out of some fairly rough 4 x 2 jarrah but I realised that I had a reasonable quantity of dressed jarrah at a nominal 90 x 45 mm.
These were offcuts from when I was building the street level stud frames.
I pulled all of these out of storage and sorted them as to their usage - ie plates or studs.
I intend to build the undercroft loft as a series of 4 connected stud frames and I believe I have almost enough timbers for this.
I built the front stud frame for the landing.
Pretty slow going and I stopped at 4.30 pm once I had finished.
I still need to buy some strapping and tensioners as well as attach a 2005 mm length of glulam above.