I didn't have very high ambitions for today - and so I achieved them.
The first job was to install 1 mm packers under either end of the cement board.
Despite my best efforts, the two newly installed floor joists were a millimetre too low.
After this I marked up the sheet for fixings and then used masonary drill bits for the screw holes and countersinks.
I had just enough screws that were metal fixing and the appropriate length.
After this I headed over to Mt Helena Hardware and picked up 3 tubes of "No More Gaps".
As the day drew to a close, I was able to fill in all the slight gaps surrounding the sheeting.
This is not really essential (they will be covered by the stud frame and lining) but might perhaps prevent an ant's nest, for example, getting established in the building.
I drew up plans for the two stud frames needed to surround the toilet.
I marked up the top and bottom plates.
I cut the plates to length and rebated in the trenches using a dado blade.
Because there is some variation in the depth of each trench - I hand measured and cut each stud.
I nailed the frames together and applied the straps and tensioners.